MPPSC State Service Exam Pattern Details:
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) State Service Exam Pattern is given below…
Exam Pattern Details: State Services Exam Consists of 2 Stages.
(I) State Services Preliminary Examination (Objective types) for selection of candidates for Main Examination, and
(II) State Services Main Examination (written and interview) for selection of candidates for the various categories of services and posts.
- Preliminary Exam:The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each paper will be set in accordance with the scheme given below :-
|Paper I||General Studies||2 hrs||200 Marks|
|Paper II||General Aptitude Test||2 hrs||200 Marks|
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- (A)Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
(B) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
(C) Details of the syllabi for General Studies and General Aptitude Test of Preliminary examination as specified in Appendix-II.
(D) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
- Main Examination:Main Examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
(1) Written Examination:- The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions as given below:-
- Compulsory Papers
|Paper I||General Studies||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Studies||3 hrs||300 Marks|
|Paper III||General Hindi||3 hrs||300 Marks|
- Optional Papers
|Paper IV||Any two subjects are to be selected
(from the list of optional subjects out in Para 7)
each subject will have two papers.
List of Optional Papers for Main Examination:
|02||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
|12||Commerce & Accountancy|
|17||Political Science and International Relations|
|20||Criminology and Forensic Science|
- Interview Test:-The interview test will carry 250 marks.
Qualifying marks for interview for unreserved candidates will be at least 33% marks in each paper and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Other
Backward Class and Physically Handicapped categories, these minimum qualifying
marks would be 23%.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- Question papers other than language papers will be both in Hindi and English. Question papers of engineering subjects will be only in English.
- The candidates will have the option to answer the question papers in Hindi or English except in the case of language papers.
- Question No. 1 of each paper (Consisting 20 short answer questions each one is to be answered in one or two lines) will be Compulsory. Each question will carry 3 marks,
maximum portion of the syllabi will be covered under these questions.